Why use a VPN for Crypto?
Here at The Lazy Society, we strive to do the basics brilliantly when getting into crypto, especially for keeping your transactions safe. Using a Virtual Private Network(VPN) forms a good foundation.
Using a VPN when investing in crypto may provide an additional layer of security and privacy. It can help protect your personal information and financial data from hackers, especially when using public Wi-Fi. It can also allow you to access exchanges and websites that may be blocked in your region. For example, if you’re using a blockchain explorer or wallet, a VPN can encrypt your connection and mask your IP address, making it more difficult for hackers or malicious actors to intercept your sensitive data.
However, It’s important to note that a VPN alone is not enough to protect you from all types of cyber threats when investing in crypto. It’s always good to have a multi-layered security approach which includes using a reputable VPN service, keeping your device and software up-to-date, and being cautious when clicking on links or entering sensitive information online.
If you’re earning crypto through mining, VPN usage won’t have much impact as the mining process does not rely on your internet connection.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that some countries have strict regulations on the use of cryptocurrency and the use of VPNs, in such cases, it’s essential to comply with local laws and regulations and ensure that using a VPN doesn’t violate any of them.
Other benefits of using a VPN
VPN provides several benefits, including:
- Increased security and privacy by encrypting internet traffic and masking a user’s IP address
- Ability to access geo-restricted content by routing traffic through a server in a different location
- Protection from hackers and other malicious actors when using public Wi-Fi
- Bypassing internet censorship and firewalls
- Protection of sensitive data when working remotely.
What is the best VPN to use for crypto?
It can be difficult to determine the “best” VPN as different VPNs may excel in other areas, such as speed, security, or ease of use.
Some popular VPNs, in no particular order, that are well-regarded in the industry include:
- ExpressVPN: known for its fast speeds and strong security features.
- NordVPN: known for its strong security and large server network.
- CyberGhost: known for its user-friendly interface and affordable pricing.
- Private Internet Access: known for its no-logging policy and wide range of security features.
It’s important to note that when choosing a VPN, you should consider your specific needs and do your own research to find a reputable VPN that offers the features you need and has a good track record of protecting users’ privacy.
I have been using NordVPN for about a year and haven’t had any issues with my cryptocurrency journey.
If you want to learn more about crypto foundations and trading, get into early airdrop opportunities, take action and join our Discord. It’s always good to start with the “Why?”, so check out my article on why for crypto here.