Entertaining friends can be a challenge when you have young children so here’s my recipe for a special night the fun and easy way:
◦ Ooni 3 Portable Wood Pellet Pizza Oven
◦ Homemade pizza dough (see Delicious recipe below)
◦ Tomato paste and or tomato chutney, pesto or whatever sauce you fancy
◦ Toppings such as ham, salami, chicken, prawns, lamb, capsicum, mushroom, zucchini, anchovies, red onion, tomato, basil
◦ Mozzarella cheese
A pizza oven can be a big investment but I found ours has paid for itself with
◦ how easy it makes entertaining, and
◦ the number of easy outdoor dinners we’ve had as a family.
Many of the toppings can be used for entrees too such as the olives and salami with a side serve of crackers and grapes.
My top pizza topping is anchovy topped with zucchini and red onion and chilli flakes.
I like to do a special desert to make up for the unfancy dinner, such as a chocolate biscuit pudding or tarte tartin or any other show stopper really.
I like to do a special dessert to make up for the unfancy dinner, such as a chocolate biscuit pudding or tarte tartin or any other show stopper really.
Pizza dough recipe here:
Basic pizza dough
◦ 1 tbsp dry yeast
◦ 1 tsp caster sugar
◦ 1 cup (250ml) lukewarm water
◦ 2.5 cups (375ml) 000 flour or pizza/bread flour
◦ 1 tsp salt
◦ 1 tbsp olive oil
Combine yeast, sugar and water in bowl, mix and leave in a warm spot for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear (this means yeast has activated).
While that’s happening, combine flour, salt and olive oil in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
Add the yeast mixture and mix with well-floured hands for 4 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
Divide the dough into equal sized balls and place on a tray and cover with a damp clean tea towel. Keep in a warm place until the balls have at least doubled in size ( takes about 30 minutes).
Roll out to the desired size and top it up.
Click here for other easy ways recommended by The Lazy Society!