Table of Contents
What is Decentraland?
Decentraland is a one-of-a-kind decentralized metaverse that enables its users to build anything imaginable and earn money from their creations, explore, socialise, play games, and get rewarded. I learned about the value of Decentraland and what it has to offer after I met some follow degens via The Lazy Society Discord.
It appears to be the perfect platform for retailers, artists, and crypto projects to launch their brands and attract a growing decentralized audience.
I love Decentraland because it ticks all the boxes as a Metaverse in 2022:
- First, it’s free and relatively easy for anyone to jump in and roam around.
- You can start collecting free NFT wearables and earning from day 1 of signing up. New events are popping up every day, and some are rewarding people who attend with a free wearable NFT and a Proof of Attendance Protocol (POAP). Although a POAP may not have current monetary value (like NFTs), it allows the issuer to keep track of people who attended and will likely provide future rewards. For this reason, I am trying to collect as many POAPs as possible and hold them until they gain in value.
- There is a strong sense of community in the platform, and it appears to be growing at a rapid rate.
- The platform is attracting artists from around to showcase their talents and brands, whether it be musicians, comedians, fashion designers, etc.
- It’s one of the more decentralised platforms out there where people’s data is not stored in a central computer system, and they must use MetaMask to get started.
- It’s a great place to meet new people and interact. Apart from income-generating opportunities, I also crave interaction with like-minded people. Since connecting my follow degens from our IM Academy, we cannot stop jumping into Decentraland and picking up free stuff.
My Decentraland strategy
My Decentraland daily routine includes looking for events with free NFT giveaways, and POAPs, and informing our Lazy Society community via Discord. Straight afterward, I leave my avatar in the Golf Craft game to earn DG tokens, which could be worth a lot in the future, especially if the project releases its crypto token.
If you are a complete degen like me and addicted to Decentraland, I recommend you also check into Wondermine and mine as much as possible to craft some wearables.
Another pro tip is to pick up as many Legendary wearable NFTs for cheap from the Decentraland Marketplace (especially if reputable designers make it), and hold these until they go up in value.
Without much of an effort (my style being the Lazy Presidente), I have collected the following NFT collectibles simply by staying plugged into Decentraland and attending events:
- Playboy Mansion
- Christmas challenge
- Australian Open
- Fashion week
- Jason Derulo
The Admen DAO event held from 23rd April to 7 April 2022 is a good example of the type of event worth jumping into to complete some simple tasks and collect a limited edition wearable cap.
It just proves that more than more mainstream institutions are getting onboard the Metaverse bandwagon to attract a new type of new audience. You wouldn’t want to miss especially when it’s free!
What’s working for me is acquiring Legendary items via the Decentraland Marketplace and
Signing up is super easy and free
The signup process into Decentraland only takes a couple of steps:
- Creating a MetaMask wallet.
- Open Decentraland.
- Create your avatar, enjoy and start collecting NFTs from day 1.
Check out the video below for a complete guide.
Join our Discord for more alpha on upcoming Decentraland events, play-to-earn games, NFT tips, airdrops, and how to invest in Crypto smarter, not harder.
If you are curious about my crypto story and the importance of always starting with the ‘Why’, check out this article.